Need more traffic? Are you doing enough to promote your site? There are many ways to promote your site for free. Besides getting listed in the search engines, you can add more visibility to your site by promoting it yourself.
1) Put a signature on all your e-mails with your site's name, URL and your site e-mail address. It's acceptable to even add a few lines describing your site's services. Every time you send an e-mail or post in a newsgroup, you are sending a free ad for your site.
2) Join newsgroups that have the same interests as your site topics and genuinely participate in them. Every time you post to the group, your signature line is seen my everyone in the group and recorded somewhere on the newsgroup archive's server.
3) Distribute printed materials of your site to everyone you meet. You can make business cards, flyers, cd-roms, whatever you can think of to distribute and help promote your site.
4) Give something away free on your site and include it on a line in your signature. There's nothing more powerful than the word FREE. Try to make it something useful that they would come to your site for anyway (if they knew it existed).
5) Make your site interactive. Put a forum or poll on your site. Get your visitors involved so they want to come back.
6) Ask other sites to exchange links with you. You never know until you ask. Many other sites are also looking to increase their traffic with good reciprocal links. It's a win-win as it increases the link popularity of both sites.
There are many other ways to market your site and increase it's visibility. Don't expect all your traffic to come from getting a good listing on the search engines alone.
It may take longer than you think to get listed or get a high ranking position while you're writing and re-writing and learning how to do it. Meanwhile, you can put other marketing strategies in motion.
copyright © 1998-2005 webworksite.com